Ok I had already been braiding my sons Max's hair in what is now known as the "Pop Smoke Braids", but I'll keep it real I hadn't considered the style for myself until I seen them look super cute on Kim K. My plan was to get them done in April because its normally a busy month for me but obviously plans changed. I'll be honest y'all, since quarantine I been walking around the house looking crazy!
I started trying to pull myself together by roaming the target beauty isle and playing in my Birch Box makeup samples. Then I came across @imkaylahillips youtube channel and saw her video on these exact braids. I have never braided hair into my hair before, I have always had it done for me but over the years my braiding skills have improved thanks to my kids and my husband. I felt pretty confident when I started the front but it did get a little difficult the further back I got. Simply because when you're braiding your own hair you obviously have to use a couple mirrors and strange angles to get your parts right. If you follow me on instagram you can watch my hair highlight and see some of the process. Below I have listed my steps and the products I used.
1. I started with a wash and mask using the Shea Moisture Black castor Oil collection. I really like how soft it leaves my hair without drying it out.
2. I then applied Lets Get Naked Fizz Fighter before blow drying.
3. After drying I sectioned my hair into 2 parts and applied Shea Moisture Jamaican Castor Oil Leave in Conditioner.
4. Next I started parting my hair into 3 sections on each side to begin braiding. I sprayed Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Moisture Mist before braiding each section.
5. Rasta Pre Stretched Braiding Hair. Super easy to use and does't tangle too much.
Happy braiding! if you try it out send me some pics!