THE GLOW UP
March 28, 2017
THE GLOW UP
Spring is here and summer is just around the corner! I'm sure everyone is sticking to their new years resolutions and hitting the gym...right? Well, if you haven't, it's never too late to start. In fact right now is the perfect time. If you follow me on IG (instagram) then you probably seen my post about Persian New Year. I am mixed with both Persian and black, I've been raised completely american but I seem to feel more in tune with Persian new year, which happens to be aligned with the 1st day of spring. Like most people spring for me triggers a time for a fresh start, and a cleansing. I don't mean cleanse as in numbered juices, I mean cleansing as in not just your body, but your mind, your routines, your dedication to your goals, pretty much everything. By implementing the 6 tips I have listed below I have been able to see a difference in my attitude, my body, my skin, my work ethic, and my overall outlook on my goals and obstacles.
THE GLOW UP
I purposely chose this beautiful, floral romper because to me it's the perfect piece to represent a fresh start, to show off your natural glow and confidence. When my team and I did this shoot, I was literally walking Rodeo Dr. like it was my own personal runway. People were watching, some even took video, but I didn't care I felt totally in my element and free from any insecurities or doubt. The Glow up is real! and I'm loving it, please check out my list below and try implementing some of my tips in your own life and routine, you won't regret it.
THE GLOW UP
PRAYER/MEDITATION: Obviously your mind is apart of your body. Whether we realize it or not, whatever consumes our mind shows in our bodies. When we hold on to grudges, or stress its reflected in our smile or lack thereof, it shows in our eyes, and even in our skin. Stress causes our bodies to produce more cortisol, which causes our sebaceous gland to produce more oil which results in oily skin. Take time everyday to pray or meditate, and relieve your mind from stress.
2. HYDRATION: This one is kind of a no-brainer but you would be surprised how many people hate to drink water (myself included) or realizes how it affects you mentally. By staying hydrated especially during the warmer months we help maintain the functions of every system in our bodies, including our brain, heart, and lungs. If these organs are not functioning properly our physical and mental state is at risk. To keep my mind, and skin hydrated I try to consume as much water as I can and pack in fruits and veggies. For extra hydration for my skin I apply raw unfiltered coconut oil directly onto my skin everyday like lotion, right after getting out the shower. The results are smoother, hydrated skin that glows!
3. MOTIVATION: Staying motivated to achieve your goals whether big or small affects your mental health. According to the IMGCA (International Mental Game Coaching Association) "Although society is largely extrinsically-motivated by external rewards i.e: money, fame, power, research has shown that people who are intrinsically-motivated by inner desires for creativity, fulfillment and inner satisfaction are psychologically healthier and happier." If you are feeling good on the inside, it shows in everything you do on the outside.
THE GLOW UP
4. EDUCATION: No matter how old you are, you should never stop learning & seeking knowledge. Being able to converse and mingle with intellectuals will not only benefit you, networking wise but it will also give you more confidence on the road to achieving your goals. Expanding your brain and speaking with intelligence is probably the most natural way to shine.
5. RELAXATION: Another no brainer, but again taking time to relax is often something we don't think is as important as it really is, especially if you're a mom like me. My busy on-the-go life leaves me little to no time for relaxing, and sometimes I forget to take a moment for myself. That is until I look in the mirror and can physically see the affects of being tired all over my face i.e: dark circles, bags under the eyes, dull looking skin. Relaxation reduces stress which in turn reduces symptoms of mental health conditions like depression, and anxiety. Once again when you feel better on the inside it shows on the outside.
6. Dedication: Last but certainly not least is dedication, which will determine the success of every other tip on the list. Being dedicated to your "Glow Up" will result in mental and physical benefits that will naturally brighten your shine!
I hope these tips have been helpful and will be beneficial if your lives, as they have been for me. Please leave me a comment below and share your thoughts.
Shine Bright! & as always thanks for reading
Romper from: HotMiamiStyles.com
(sold out) Similar styles available